Authentic Italian Bruschetta à la Bella Napoli


My recipe today comes from my dear friend Becky who is currently living in beautiful Naples, Italy. Can you imagine taking off with your hubby and four children and living in a foreign country for a few years? It'd be the adventure of a lifetime! I'm pretty much living vicariously through her. When Becky sent me this recipe I jumped for joy. I couldn't wait to get my own little taste of Naples. 


Becky writes: "My life has been changed by the bruschetta here. I wanted to tell you how they make it the Neapolitan way. It is so simple and yet so delicious. The bread is grilled. You just take a really high quality bread and then grill it up. You then top it once grilled with a mixture of olive oil, tomato, oregano, and basil. (I like it with a splash of balsamic). Anyways it doesn't contain cheese, the tomatoes are served cold and it is mind blowing good."


Friends, I made it. I ate it. My mind has been blown!


Ingredients

Olive oil
1-2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 tsp oregano
Pinch Salt
A few fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
Splash balsamic vinegar
High quality artisan bread, sliced



Instructions

1. Combine the diced tomato with a little olive oil, oregano, a pinch of salt to enhance flavor and fresh basil. Throw in a splash of balsamic. Chill. 

2. Drizzle both sides of the sliced bread with a little olive oil. Grill on a grill or in a hot skillet until browned on both sides. 

3. Top hot bread with cold tomato bruschetta. 







Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter