Marie-Helene's Apple Cake #French Fridays with Dorie

marie-helene's apple cake: simple living and eating



The rest of the Dorista's made a wonderful apple rice pudding that you really should check out. My family and myself included are not big fans of rice pudding, even rice pudding covered in apples and carmel, so instead I made a French Friday recipe that was baked before I joined the group.



marie-helene's apple cake: simple living and eating


This apple cake is tremedous. I love apples, but unlike the rest of my family I find pies to be too sweet. Too much fruit,.. even smothered with ice cream or whipped cream. A few bites and I'm done.

This cake... was very different. Not overly sweet, the butter flavor balanced the apples well and the splash of dark rum gave it a depth of flavor that made it extra special.


apple cake batter: simple living and eating


The recipe is simple enough that I was actually going to make it myself, but my baker daughter was bored so she took on the task.


girl baking cake: simple living and eating

A must recipe to make this apple season:


click here for the recipe for: 
Marie-Helene's Apple Cake


Hey, Dorista's you are invited to join my new linky party. Cook a recipe of your choice from the chosen country and explore the world with us. Oct 8TH: POLAND 



Add your email to our list and I will remind you a week before the party and on the day of the party so you won't forget to link up.





Note: As a member of French Friday's with Dorie I am not allowed to print the recipe. I invite you to take a look at this wonderful cookbook "Around My French Table" if you are interested in this or any other recipe I review. 


Click here to see how the other Dorista's did.






This post is being shared on the following food/craft parties. Please check them out: 




Enhanced by Zemanta

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter