LASAGNA ROLLS (with spinach... shh!)


 I love trying (easy) new recipes! What caught my eye about this lasagna is how simple it is (and it provided a big ol' dose of spinach for my picky kiddos!). A handful of ingredients, and no meat is necessary! I made it for Sunday dinner the other week, and it was a hit. Definitely adding these to my repertoire:) Thanks for the inspiration, Pinterest

Spinach Lasagna Rolls

9 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package (I salted this water generously- I think it enhances the flavor)
1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese (I used light)
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasonings
salt and pepper
32 oz. tomato sauce (I used spaghetti sauce)
9 tbsp. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 chicken breast, cooked (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°. Make sure you drain the spinach well. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, Italian seasonings, chicken (optional), and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry by patting them with a paper towel. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over a noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.
To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.
 

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter