Cookie Dough Truffles




I'm a truffle lover. It is one of my favorite desserts to make. I feel like there is no end to the possibilities. Dip it in chocolate and get on luxurious bite. Love it! Cookie dough truffles are up there in the list of favorites. Pure, unadulterated cookie dough, with the "chocolate chips" on the outside. I totally rationalize eating a dozen of them because hey, it's not like I ate a dozen cookies, it was just 12 bites!


Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 package milk chocolate chips (for melting)


Instructions

1. Use a hand or stand mixer to beat together the flour and sugars (both brown and white) until creamy.

2. Add in baking soda salt and vanilla and mix thoroughly.

3. Slowly add in the flour until the dough gets nice and stiff.

4. Form dough into small balls and put on a baking sheet.

5. Melt chocolate over a double broiler.

6. Dip cookie dough balls into the melted chocolate and let cool on wax paper.

7. Once the truffles have set, refrigerate until ready to serve.


Dipping truffles can be a messy affair, but I've got a few tricks up my sleeve to help make it a bit easier. 

Trick #1, I put toothpicks into my filling balls. This makes it much easier to dip them in since they have a handle. I remove the toothpicks after I'm done dipping all of them and then just put a dab of melted chocolate where the toothpick was so the whole ball looks dipped. 

Trick #2, I always freeze my filling. With this particular recipe I pop my dough balls into the fridge for about 20 minutes before I dip them. This keeps the filling from falling apart with the weight of the chocolate. 

Trick #3, I use a rubber spatula to assist in my dipping. This allows me to easily spread the chocolate  to cover the whole ball as well as remove any excess chocolate so there are no big drips. 



Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter