CUP-OF-EACH SPONGE CAKE: MY GO-TO, MAKE-IT-IN-A-PINCH DESSERT!

cup of each sponge cake: butter with a side of bread

 Yet another one of those, "Thanks mom!" recipes. Seriously.
This is the easiest cake on the planet.  It's so easy, I kind of hate sharing... But it's so good!
I've done this as a sheet cake, bundt cake, round cake, cupcakes, trifle... it's totally versatile and tastes like heaven. Goes with everything. Can be made from what you have on hand (if I have it, you have it!). FOUR (NORMAL) INGREDIENTS! Four!! (Do you notice anything consistent about my posts? Maybe that I start hyperventilating if I see more than 6 ingredients in a recipe?:)

Cup-Of-Each Sponge Cake
1 C Flour
1 C Sugar
1 C Eggs (4 eggs)
1 tsp. Vanilla

Cream eggs and sugar. Add vanilla and flour. Mix for 8 minutes on medium speed. Pour into greased baking dish, and put in 350 degree oven for about 25+ minutes (depending on your size of pan).

My favorite way to eat this cake is with berries and cream- yum!
PS- Once I made this cake with powdered milk instead of flour... guess what!? It didn't work. Stick with flour:)

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter