Crockpot Korean Pork Bulgogi Sliders with Quick Kimchi Slaw (Slow Cooker)


Fun fact, my dad actually lived in South Korea for a couple of years as a young adult. He fell in love with the place and I actually grew up eating bulgogi. Fast forward to when I was in college and my husband and I frequented a Korean restaurant where the waiters often stood by to see if we'd actually eat our adventurous orders. Apparently Americans usually just stick to the bulgogi.

Well, nowadays Korean fusion is all the rage so I'm jumping on the bandwagon and sharing with you one of the most amazing bites I've had in a while. I tossed a pork roast and traditional bulgogi flavorings in a crockpot and let it cook all day. In the afternoon I threw together the slaw when I had a minute. Then when I had a little more time I even made the slider buns (it might be overachieving). Minus the buns, the meal was a total cinch, requiring very little effort. And the result? A-freakin'-mazing. If you are like most Americans, you are probably freaked out my kimchi, which is traditionally fermented, pickled vegetables. Well, don't worry too much on this one my friends because this slaw is amazing and not at all like the stinky stuff you might be thinking of. These sliders are American friendly for sure, and will fill your mouth with a burst of flavor.


Makes 24 sliders, or 12 "burgers"

Ingredients

24 slider buns

Bulgogi
1 Pork Roast (3 to 5 lbs), trimmed and sliced 1/2 inch thick
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp oyster sauce
2 tablespoons sesame seeds


Quick Kimchi Slaw
1/2 head of cabbage, thinly sliced
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup green onion, sliced
1 carrot, julienned (or just use a peeler and make it into a pile of peelings)
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp sriracha
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon sugar


Instructions

1. Place the sliced pork roast into a crockpot. In a small bowl combing the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, red peper flakes, ginger, oyster sauce and sesame seeds. Stir to combine. Pour over the meat in the crockpot. Cook on low 6-8 hours until meat shreds easily with a fork.

2. Make the slaw by combining all ingredients in a large tupperware or bowl with a lid. Give it a good shake to make sure everything is well combined. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. 

3. Serve by scooping meat onto slider buns and topping with a strained, heaping spoonful of the kimchi slaw. 





Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter