Blackberry Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce Recipe

In the Pacific Northwest, blackberries grow wild in any patch of tall grass or forest edge that goes untended for too long. A few blocks from my home, right at the end of the street is just such a patch of wild blackberries waiting to be picked. After returning home from my first picking adventure with my son, I set to work making our dinner of homemade chicken nuggets. I usually like to make honey mustard sauce for nuggets but then I thought "what if."

"What if I made a sauce with the blackberries?"

So I tried it - and let me tell you. It was amazing (if I do say so myself). Even my husband who is addicted to creamy poppyseed dressing to an embarrassing degree said he is swearing off poppy seed dressing in favor of this dipping sauce. This is tried-and-true as a nugget dipping sauce but I bet with a splash of olive oil and red wine vinegar, it would also make a tasty vinaigrette.

Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
  • 2 Tbsp highest quality Dijon or country style mustard (I make my own similar to this recipe)
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 1 Tbsp organic mayonnaise (I like Trader Joes or make your own)
Directions
  1. Place clean blackberries in a small bowl and smash with the back of a fork.
  2. Add mustard and honey to berries. Mix well to combine.
  3. Add mayo and still well until uniform throughout with no lumps.


Do you like this post? Consider subscribing to our weekly newsletter!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter