Coconut Syrup for Pancakes: Hiking on the Island of Kauai

coconut syrup for pancakes: Simple Living and Eating


While I was in Hawaii I agreed to take a hike with my friend Joseph... little did I know that this hike was his revenge for my showing up on his doorstep. 

Beach on Kauai: Simple Living and Eating
Beach on Kauai. Yes, it was raining.

We flew to the island of Kauai from Honolulu and stayed over night. We got up really early to go on our hike. I was 20 years old so a day long hike didn't scare me, little did I know that I was going on The Kalalau Trail a strenuous cliff hanging 11 mile hike. 

It rained on and off and the trail was covered in mud, so slipping and sliding down the mountain was par for the course. We even had to swing across a stream hanging on to vines to keep us from falling in... at the end we came out to a gorgeous waterfall and beach area... it took the whole day to complete.

girl in mud on trail: Simple Living and Eating
Me sliding down the mountain.

I was so exhausted I fell right to sleep and woke up the next morning ravenous. Breakfast was coconut syrup covered banana pancakes. I ate two servings about six pancakes. 

I never see coconut syrup in restaurants or in stores on the East Coast, so whenever I get a craving for that fantastic post hike breakfast I make my own. Here is the recipe that I use: 






This post will be shared on the following food/craft parties:

Tuesday Food:
Hearth & Soul Blog Hop @ Premeditated Leftovers
Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
In & Out of the Kitchen @ Feeding Big & More
Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen
Tuesday Talent Show @ Chef in Training
Tasty Tuesday # Lori's Culinary Creations

Wednesday Food:

Cast Party Wednesday @ Lady Behind the Curtain 
 Wednesday Whatsit @White Lights on Wednesday 
Fresh Foods Wednesdays @ Gastronomical Sovereignty
Show and Share @ Semi Homemade Mom
Wonderful Food Wednesdays at @ All She Cooks
Wednesday Extravaganza @ Hunger Little Girl
Wonderful Wednesdays @Ducks 'n a Row

Thursday Food:

Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Link it Up Thursday @ Seven Alive
Fantastic Thursday @ Three Little Chiefs
Thriving on Thursdays @ Domesblissity
Tasty Thursdays @ The Mandatory Mooch

Friday Food:

Foodie Friday @ Home Maid Simple
Freedom Friday @ My Turn
Friday Favorite (DYI too) @ Simple Sweet Home
Foodie Friday @ Rattlebridge Farm 
Weekend Wonders @ The Thriftiness Miss
Friday Food Frenzy @ Mostly Food and Crafts 
Weekend Potluck @ Sunflower Supper Club
Friday Linky Party @ The Pin Junkie 



Enhanced by Zemanta

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter