The Ultimate Garlic Bread Recipe



I've been holding out on you. I make the most delicious garlic bread. My friends swear it is like crack. I can't deny it. It is definitely an addictive substance. You really can't eat just one. Take the loaf in the picture for example. My 2 year old had 4 slices. I had to cut her off. She cried. It was hard, but I didn't want her to eat it all! In fact, I make this quite often and it has taken me months to get a photo of it to post. I made two whole loaves for some visiting friends thinking it would be my opportunity to get a photo. Nope. I didn't want them to wait to eat for a 5 minute photo shoot, and there was definitely none left after the meal. It gets gobbled up every single time without fail. To get this photo I had to make the garlic bread at an off time where no one was expecting me to produce any food for them. I did it without warning right after everyone had fed themselves their own lunch. And guess what? I got less than 5 minutes for a photo shoot and it was promptly devoured. You really do need to try this recipe. I make a lot of food. I mean seriously, a ridiculous amount food is produced in my kitchen. This is one of those few recipes that I know will be a home run every time. One time I even burnt it for some visiting house guests. They still ate it without complaint. It is THAT good. 


Ingredients

1 crusty loaf of bread, sliced (artisan bread, crusty baguette, etc)
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper


Instructions

1. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, olive oil, basil, oregano, parmesan, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Mix it well.

2. Butter each slice of bread generously. Smear that cheesy, buttery, garlicky goodness all over that bread. Give it a nice thick coat.

3. Lay the buttered bread slices on a baking sheet. Put the baking sheet underneath the broiler in the oven. 

4. Broil until it just starts to brown. Watch it closely because how fast it cooks is dependent on how hot your broiler is and how close your rack is to the heating element. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

5. Devour. 



Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter