Recipe Swap Onion Carbonara #French Fridays with Dorie

onion carbonara: simple living and eating


Onions are my all time favorite vegetable and smothered in a bacon cream sauce; how can you go wrong? It did seem strange to put the classic Spaghetti Carbonara sauce over onions, but it worked. It was delicious with a big slice of crusty bread to soak up the juices.

I also think in this age of dietary restrictions the more gluten-free recipes one has up their sleeves the better. I have a few friends with Celiacs disease who would love to dine on a healthy dinner like this one. It is lower in calories than pasta, and onions are super healthy for you. Onions are a very good source of vitamin C, B6, biotin, chromium, calcium and dietary fibre. In addition, they contain good amounts of folic acid and vitamin B1 and K. 





Note: As a member of French Friday's with Dorie I am not allowed to print the recipe. I invite you to take a look at this wonderful cookbook "Around My French Table" if you are interested in this or any other recipe I review. 



Click here to see how the other Dorista's did.





This post is shared on the following food/craft parties: 

Tuesday Food:
Wednesday Food:
Thursday Food:
Friday Food:



Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter