CHOCOLATE CHIP (BUTTER) COOKIES:

The picture below is one of my kids favorite chocolate chips cookies.

If you don’t have the patience to read all my blah blah pls scroll down to the recipe.

This cookie does not need much of kneading and easy for beginners.

I am a chocoholic (my kids too). Chocolate makes me forget all the diets, new resolutions…..well this cookie is one of the easiest one to bake. It does not need much of beating and an easy start for those beginners or for those moms who wants to make a special treat for kids.

Basically this one is a butter cookie recipe; you can make it even without the chocolate chips. I just added the choc chips to the kneaded dough and made it into small round balls and pressed them and baked them.

I know you must be wondering where to get the chocolate chips (I live at present in Calicut). Well, you can get them from whole sale markets. Here, in Calicut u can get them at Minerva Sweet Mart at palayam market (they usually have this towards x’mas time) or at Butler’s and Bakers near the bus stand opposite to Indoor Stadium, they will give half kg or one kg (plus if u visit that shop u can see tons of baking stuffs). So now u know where to get it to so let’s go the recipe.





THIS IS HOW I MADE THEM:

Maida: 200 gm.
Butter: 100 gm.
Powdered sugar: 100 gm.
Baking powder: 1/2 tsp.
Egg yolk: 1.
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp.
Chocolate chips: 1/2 cup.

1.      Mix powdered sugar and butter nicely.( u don't need electric beater, mix well with a spatula).

2.      Add egg yolk, vanilla, baking powder, and add maida and make it into a soft dough. (if you don’t like choco chips u can roll out at this stage and cut with biscuit cutters or make into small balls and flatten them with ur palms and bake them).

3.      Add chocolate chips about 1/2 cup and mix well and make into small balls and flatten it a bit with ur palm and put it in a greased baking tray and bake at 180 degree for 20 to 30 minutes or until done. (See I told u it is easy).


Let it cool and yummy chocolate chip cookies are ready.





Note: I added some cashew nuts chopped while adding the choco chips when I made the above cookies and it came out more tastier.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter