Diamond cuts..... egg-less version.


Diamond cuts brings back memories of my late grandmother.....when my brothers, cousins, and myself wanted to munch something during our Christmas vacation......she used to give us diamond cuts and every time I make this ....it takes me back to those good old days.....Usually eggs are added to the flour and this is without eggs......no messy sugar syrup......just toss in powdered sugar and it is done......that easy!!!

Ingredients:
Maida/flour: 1 cup.
butter/vanaspati: 2 tsp.
Salt: 1/4 tsp.
Baking powder: A fat pinch.
Cardamom powdered: 1/2 tsp.
Powdered sugar: 1/4 to 1/2 cup.
Water for kneading.
Oil for frying.

Method:
1. In a bowel put maida, butter, salt, baking powder, cardamom powder and enough water to make it into a soft dough. 
2. Keep this covered for about 10 min. 
3. Divide the dough into 2 or 3 parts. 
4. Roll out and cut into diamond shape.
5. Heat oil in a pan and put in the diamond cuts and deep fry them.
6. Strain and immediately toss them in powdered sugar.

Note: I usually run my pizza cutter on the rolled out dough which is more easier than using a knife.

Enjoy.....and lick ur fingers too....

Linking this to Food Palette Series-White of Torview.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter