Raw Banana Chips......Recipe Rewind.


I had posted banana chips last year in this space when I was an anonymous blogger.....with no followers or comments to inspire me......I have been thinking why not repost those recipes which are my favorite and those I make often in my kitchen.... Wednesday's I will try to post one recipe that survives still in anonymity with a better picture. ...well atleast that's what I plan to ....lets see how it goes.

Banana chips is one of the traditional Kerala snack.....it is usually fried in coconut oil.....and can be prepared at home with ease. You can either slice the raw banana thinly with a knife or with a mandoline 

Banana chips is made from a different variety of bananas which is locally known as "Ethakka/Nenthrakka", they are found in and around Kerala. The chips are deep fried slices of raw banana in coconut oil. It is an essential part of Kerala.Cuisine. Its available almost everywhere in and around Kerala

The raw bananas should be slit lengthwise and the skin peeled off, I do with my hand and the resulting reward is stained black fingers :( , you can either immerse in water and add 1 tsp turmeric and salt or wash the raw banana well and peel off the skin and directly slice them into hot oil and add turmeric and salt while cooking....I prefer the later, because that's how the chip vendors make and plus saves the trouble of wiping water off the bananas or drying them.

Check out the original post here.

Ingredients:
Raw banana: 2 kg.
Coconut oil: ½ litre.
Salt: 2 tsp.
Water: little.
Turmeric: ½ tsp.
Chips cutter or Mandoline

Method:.



1. Mix salt, turmeric with water to make a solution and keep aside.
2. Wash the bananas and leave it to dry. 
3. Cut a slit lengthwise into the banana and remove the  skin with your hands and keep it aside. . 4. Heat oil and using the Mandoline slice the bananas into the hot oil. 
5. When it is getting crisp put in 1 or 2 tsp of the salt/turmeric solution and when the sizzling sound stops. Strain out the fried bananas and place it on a tissue paper.
6. Store in airtight container.


 * When adding banana simmer the fire.
I made in 4 batches.

Sharing with Easy and Quick Recipes, Full plate Thursday.


P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter