Princess Peg Dolls

My daughter LOVES everything princess. So, as soon as I saw the adorable Disney-inspired dolls that Lil Blue Boo made, I knew I had to try to make some for my little princess, too! They are all hand-drawn and hand-painted. I've made two sets so far {one for my daughter, and one for a friend's daughter}. I can't wait to make more!

What I used:
4x4" Box {to store finished princesses in}
8 wooden peg dolls (measure 2 5/16" x 7/8")
1/4" Wooden Dowel Caps
5mm Silver Acrylic Jewels
Acrylic Craft Paints
Wood Glue/Super Glue/Amazing Goop Glue, etc
Pencil {I used a mechanical pencil since I needed a finer line}


First, I sketched the basic shapes onto the doll. I used images of the princesses for reference.
Draw lightly in case you mess up and need to erase!

Next, I put a glob of Amazing Goop glue onto the dowel cap and carefully placed it on the head to make her a beautiful bun! I only put one on a few of them since not all the princesses have a bun.

Carefully paint the princesses. I didn't get a step of each color, but start with the lighter colors and go darker. It also helped to paint all the same color on all the princesses while you have the paint out. For example, I painted all the yellow first: Belle's dress, hair, flowers, etc. I ended up painting about two coats of each color.
Make sure to let each layer dry completely before painting your next color.
I also added a layer of glitter paint to each princess to add some *sparkle*

I also recommend getting some small, good quality paint brushes to get those tiny details in.
For the eyes, I carefully dotted on some paint with the end of my brush.

Next, glue all the jewels on.
{Not all my princesses have a jewel, but you can add them wherever you think you need an accent}
I also added two coats of clear varnish to protect the paint and the raw wood, and to give them some shine. 

The finished set:
{Snow White, Cinderella, Tiana - her face color really isn't that dark!, Rapunzel, Aurora, Jasmine, Belle, Ariel}

The back:

More up-close images of all the princesses:

Linking to these parties!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter