Snow White Dress Top

We are finally leaving for a fun-filled Disneyland vacation this weekend! I am so excited to take my little princess!!! She will probably be scared of Mickey & everyone there {she's not a big fan of "mascot"-type characters...},
but I'm sure we are going to have a blast anyway!

Of course, she needs something fun and Disney-inspired to wear to the Happiest Place on Earth,
so I decided to make her this Snow White top! I would have made it a dress,
but I think a top is a little more functional for our overactive toddler...


I used a pattern similar to the shirt from her Fancy Little Outfit I made last year,
but used fabrics to look more like Snow White's dress and also made it a little longer.

For a small size 2-3:
I used about 1/4 yard for the sleeves {light blue}
1/3 yard for the bodice/top section {dark blue}
1/2 yard for the skirt {yellow}
and used part of a red Fat Quarter

After cutting out the pattern, I cut strips of the red and sewed them onto the sleeve.
Then with my mom's help, we sewed the dress together and eventually got it to fit my daughter perfectly!!
{She's a skinny, tall little thing, so we had to take it in quite a bit...}

The finished top:

A closer look at the details:

and of course, we have to show it off the model:

She had to have a picture with her holding "Punzel"!
I love this one:

I told her to "smile, and show me your teeth!" So... she did.
Someday she'll kill me for posting this picture, but I couldn't resist... this one is too funny!!

Linking to these parties!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter