Sari/Saree!!!.....Screen Printing!


My blog is featured on the Foodie Blogroll: Featured Blogs for April 27, 2012....YAY!!!
Check out http://www.foodieblogroll.com/featured/featured-blogs-for-april-27-2012

This is the first time my blog is being featured on Foodie Blogroll's weekly Featured Blogs Page.
This is making me so excited and happy and I definitely need to share something with you guys.....

This post is all about sarees...for a change...just sarees...
The story is that three weeks back enroute to Trivandrum, we visited my amma's elder sister....after a 2 year gap.
I noticed lots of sarees neatly printed...and ready to be delivered.
My aunt has designed and printed them right in her home.
I could not help not clicking some shots...wrapped them on Nidhi.
Just wanted to show my friends how artistically and creatively she designed the sarees and transformed a plain saree into beautiful one.
Hope you all will like this.

This one is done on a plain  kasavu saree or Kerala saree (see the golden border),

Stripes on half the saree...in two colours...

Prints in the center...Price Rs.1850 including the saree.


This one is done on plain blue Bhagalpur silk saree.

Price Rs 2850 including the saree

This one is on pure Tussar Silk saree...there is matching blouse piece too.


This one on plain kasav saree again....Price Rs 1350.


On Tussar Silk...

On Plain Kota

On silk again...




My Aunt, Lata Simon is amazing when it comes to designing sarees. She has done screen printing on some of my  sarees and salwar dupatta, my ammas, sis-in-laws, cousins ( I will update on this later). Usually when there is a wedding or family gathering coming up, I usually rings her and ask her to do something for me....and so does most of the girls, women of my extended family. The next one I am asking her to do will be on a plain black silk saree; how would that go?? suggestions??

She takes orders and does according to the customers likes and colours they want, ofcourse, if you have a plain saree or duppatta or even salwar; she will print on it....it will come around Rs 500-800 on a full saree.

If you want to do the whole saree and no time to buy the material just leave that to her; she will get the material of your choice, colour, and print them. Oh BTW these prints are hand washable...and safe on the skin too. 

She has hundreds of screens for you to choose from....I am showing her workplace and some of the screens.

Some more screens

No time to shop for saree or not getting that "wow" saree you have longed for.....

Contact Lata Simon on her mobile for more details: 09895016012.

Hope you like this small diversion from food. 

P.S. Get the latest updates from this blog, straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter