Toy Box Makeover


Believe it or not, this toy box was mine {and my siblings} when I was younger! No one has used it for years, and my house has exploded with toys... so I talked my dad into letting me give it a makeover and giving it to my daughter to use!

The original...
So many memories, but it definitely could use a makeover!!

I even saw some autographs by my brother and older sister on there.

I removed the top, sanded some of the chips/scratches, and gave it a good coat of primer.

Then I painted a coat of white paint to cover the rest of the marks and wood knots.

I painted another coat of white to all the corners and let dry.
Then I taped them off with Frog Tape.

Painted the rest of the toy box with some pink paint we got on clearance. A whole can for $10!

We also reupholstered the top using this tutorial by Craftaholics Anonymous.
We bought a new piece of MDF from Home Depot, foam padding from Smith's Marketplace {camping section}
and then covered it in some leather fabric we got on sale from JoAnn's!

Load it up with toys and voila!!

Just kidding. It's not really overflowing like that other picture.... yet.

Linking to these parties!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter