CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD

If it's one thing I love about summertime, it's one-dish salads that are easy to make and so delicious! I've been able to stock up on some very inexpensive chicken lately, so I thought I'd share my "recipe" for Chinese Chicken Salad. I use the term recipe loosely for this dish as I don't actually measure anything and I add items in based on what I have on hand!

I first cooked 6 bone-in chicken breasts in my slow cooker on medium for about 5-6 hours. I sprinkled them with some olive oil and also added a few dashes of onion powder and a mixed seasoning blend. Once it's cooked, separate the chicken from all the bones and skin and shred it. I then divided it into several freezer bags, to use for other meals and salads later on.

Chinese Chicken Salad

romaine lettuce {about 5-6 cups torn up}
1-2 cans of mandarin oranges {we love these so I use 2}
1/2 cup chow mein noodles
2 green onions, sliced thin
1 cup shredded chicken
2-3 TBSP Asian style salad dressing {you can make your own using the recipe here!}

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with dressing and serve immediately.


Enjoy!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter