SUPER EASY PEACH CRUMBLE

Oooh- I'm loving this nice, cool weather this morning! Fall is definitely here. A month ago we weren't so sure, but I certainly feel the chill today!

Peaches are ripe and in abundance this time of year. Our peach trees yielded about 2 dozen peaches- not to shabby for its first year of fruiting! Of course, the kids did take their light sabers to a good 7-8 of those, before we noticed. Oh well. Maybe next year!

I did get about 20 peaches from some family and they were delicious.  I wanted to make a sweet dessert that really highlighted the peaches, so I immediately thought of this crumble. I actually got the original recipe here {Cherry Crunch} and have made it for years. It's very versatile and I've substituted a variety of fruits in place of the cherries. Although we do love the cherries too! I've put a couple different versions below- one for using canned pie filling, the other using fresh fruit.

I have a wonderful recipe for peach cobbler, but it takes so much more work. This is quick, easy and I think I like it better!

Peach Crumble
{Using fresh peaches}

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
about 3-4 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches
cinnamon sugar, if desired

Peel peaches, remove pit and slice. {Here's a short video I made showing a quick way to peel peaches.}

Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl using a pastry blender or a fork. Spread peaches in a 9x13 dish. You can sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar over the fruit, however if your peaches are ripe, you probably don't need the added sweetness. It's up to you! Top with crumble.

Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping. Enjoy!


To use canned pie filling instead:

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
one 21 oz can cherry, blueberry, peach or apple pie filling

The only difference with the pie filling variation is that you first spread about half the crumble in the pan, then top with fruit, then top with remaining crumble. Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter