EASY ZUCCHINI PASTA


 Anyone else have zucchini coming out of their ears? We do, but I love it! Here is a dish I make often, mainly because it's delicious and super quick to throw together. I always make the dish with angel hair pasta since it doesn't have a sauce. The flavors of the zucchini and sausage meld together nicely and produce enough flavor, no sauce is needed!

Note: This dish comes together very fast! Everything cooks at once and is on the table in less than 30 minutes.

Easy Zucchini Pasta

1/2 box Angel Hair pasta
1 medium- large zucchini
1 medium red onion
1 package smoked or Kielbasa sausage
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
olive oil

Directions:
Slice the zucchini and red onion. Before cooking the vegetables, you'll want to start the sausage. Depending on what kind you get, it might take 10-12 minutes to cook, so you'll want to cook both the sausage and the vegetables simultaneously so they are both done around the same time. If you grill the sausage like I did, grill for about 10 minutes, let it sit about 2-3 minutes, then slice. If you're cooking it on the stove, slice, then saute it in the pan.

To cook the vegetables, heat about 2 TBSP olive oil in a saute pan on the stove. Add zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes. Add onion and cook another 5 minutes. I take my vegetables off the stove when I see they're almost done, being as they cook a bit more even after removing from the heat. {I don't like mushy veggies!} Toss in the sliced sausage and stir so that the flavors begin to combine.

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Angel hair pasta normally only takes 5-6 minutes to cook, so I usually heat the water when I start cooking the zucchini. The pasta is ready to go in at about the time I begin cooking the onions. Everything is done at the same time!

Serve pasta topped with zucchini- sausage mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Enjoy!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter