Black Magic Cake.....step by step.



Hershey's Black Magic Cake....is one of my favorite cake.

I love it for its deep dark rich cocoa colour with a tinge of coffee flavor.....and so the name suits the cake.

The first time I baked them I didn't like it.....the recipe had asked for hot black coffee to be mixed with the flour....and I don't know why ...but the cake was a disaster.....and the recipe forgotten. Recently while I was browsing my recipe file I came across this and  thought why not try this again, but this time I used cooled black coffee and the cake came out.....YUM!...to be precise one of the best chocolate cake I have ever made.

After that I made this for my mother-in-law's birthday with choco-coffee icing and boy! that rocked the whole house!!

A piece of black magic cake which I baked for my MIL.


Then again .... chocolate magic loaf for my kids.

The cake is moist and dense with a tinge of coffee flavor.
You can top it with ice-creams, butter icing, or plain chocolate satin icing......

Lets get baking...

The recipe comes from Hershey's with some changes that I have made.

Ingredients:
All purpose flour: 2 cups.
Cocoa powder: 3/4 cup.
Sugar: 2 cups.
Salt: 1/2 tsp (omit if using salted butter).
Baking powder: 1 tsp.
Baking soda: 1 1/2 tsp.
Butter: 1 stick, melted.(100 gms)
Eggs: 2.
Buttermilk: 1 cup.(Use 1 tablespoon white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup)
Strong black coffee: 1 cup, cooled. (I added 2 tsp of instant coffee powder to 1 cup of warm water).
Vanilla: 1 tsp.

Method:
Sieve all the dry ingredients together and keep aside.


Melt butter.


Add sugar and give it small blitz.

Add eggs

Cream it with buttermilk for a minute.

Add the coffee and run the beater.

Now add the dry ingredients to this.


Beat on medium speed for 2 min scraping the sides. The batter will be very thin.

Pour batter evenly into prepared pan and bake at 180 degree C for 30 min or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

This one is frosted with chocolate and coffee butter icing.


And this one with satin chocolate icing.

P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter