THE EASIEST WAY TO "PEEL" A POMEGRANATE!

how to peel a pomegranate, butter with a side of bread
Pomegranates. So tasty. And pretty (aren't they just so pretty!?). 
In all honesty, I'd never tried one until a few years ago- I bought it and cracked it open... & then threw it all away in mass confusion:) What!? How!? Huh?? I had no idea where to start. Not to mention they squirt. No one warned me that they squirt! I threw away that pomegranate. And that shirt. Shoot.
The next year, someone taught me a trick. A brilliant trick, mind you!
Seriously- this is the easiest way to peel a pomegranate. And quick. And stain-free. And my whole family gobbles them right up. Perfect little tangy snack!
The secret? A bowl of cold water...
how to peel a pomegranate, butter with a side of bread
Cut a few slices into the top of the pomegranate (be careful, they drip!). Toss the pomegranate in the bowl of cold water and start digging! Prepare to have cold hands and just start peeling away. The white skin will float, and the seeds will sink. Scrape off the floaties (technical cooking word) and toss them in the trash. Once you've cleaned the entire pomegranate, lay the seeds out on some paper towels to dry. Put them in an airtight container with a wet paper towel folded on top, and they'll stay fresh for 1-2 months! Perfect!
(Game time!! "I spy with my little eye" a "helper," who joined in on the fun. And ate a large portion of the seeds as she peeled. I'm not sure any of her seeds actually remained in the bowl...)
how to peel a pomegranate, butter with a side of bread
how to peel a pomegranate, butter with a side of bread
how to peel a pomegranate, butter with a side of bread


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter