Cajun Chicken Drumsticks



Crispy cajun spiced skin covering succulent meat that is super easy to make? Sign me up! When people ask me for this recipe I'm always caught off guard because it is so simple. It just takes some drumsticks, cajun seasoning, and butter. It can't go wrong! This is one of my go-to recipes for a quick meal, especially for larger amount of people. I can just pop it in the oven and throw together some sides. By the time I'm done I've got people drooling from the smell in the kitchen. It's awesome!


Ingredients

10 drumsticks
Cajun Seasoning* (see cooking lesson below to make your own cajun mix)
5 tablespoons butter


Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a jelly roll pan with nonstick spray.

2. Line up drumsticks on the prepared tray. 

3. Sprinkle with cajun seasoning on both sides. Leave the side with the most meat and skin facing up. 

4. Put a dab of about 1/2 tablespoon butter on the top of each drumstick, on the part that is most meaty. The butter will melt all over the meat and skin, keeping the meat juicy, and making the skin crispy. 

5. Bake for 25-30 minutes in the oven. 





Cajun seasoning can be bought in the seasoning section of the grocery store. Each brand will be slightly different in their ingredients and proportions. I like to save myself the money and make my own. I mix it up in a ziploc bag or small jar. If you want to make a big batch, just change all the measurements to tablespoons.

2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp white pepper (if you don't have it, just substitute black pepper)
1 tsp cayenne pepper
4 1/2 tsp paprika
2 1/2 tsp salt



Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter