Cheese Paratha

Simple and easy Cheese Paratha...Kids will love this simple cheese paratha.


I am sooooo happy because this past week I was busy trying to put social networking icons or buttons on my blog and I finally did it! I have been seeing cute buttons on other blogs for sometime now and wanted one for my blog too, but really didn't know how to....so I googled and googled,

I literally got so involved into it, that I did not get time to post a recipe here....when I finally could add the buttons, after sleepless nights and dreaming of all those html codes....I found that when I click on the buttons, it does not open into another new window, and boy I was disappointed again, I wanted it to open to a new widow and finally after two more sleepless nights and exhausting days, I finally found it!! eureka!!....Friends, click on the icons on the right side and it will take you to another window and please do not forget to like my Facebook page, if you have not yet liked, also follow me on twitter, pinterest, and stumbleupon. If anybody wants to know how to insert those buttons, please feel free to ask me, I will be glad to help you.

Last week after I switched to my own domain, due to some error my blog was down for sometime, it was dassana amit who helped me out...thanks dassana and amit for all the help...really appreciate it.

Now back to this recipe, its a simple cheese paratha, an easy to make recipe. Cheese is filled inside whole wheat roti and rolled to perfection, cooked with a drizzle of ghee/oil....

This paratha is an excellent lunchbox meal for kids, it is very filling and powerpacked...


Author: Nisa Homey.

Please click here for detailed step by step tutorial for making roti/Indian flat bread.
Ingredients:
Whole wheat flour: 1 1/2 cups.
Water: As needed.
Salt a fat pinch.
Ghee/oil: 1 tsp.

For the filling:
Processed Cheese: 3-4 cubes, I used Amul cheese.
Again ghee/oil for drizzling.

Method
Bring the cheese to room temp, grate, and keep aside.

Mix flour, water, salt to make into a dough. Knead the dough with 1 tsp of ghee. Pinch off medium sized balls from the dough and keep aside. Note that the balls should be slightly bigger than your ordinary roti balls.

Take a ball and make a well.

Fill 2 tsp of cheese in it.

Close the ball as shown in the picture.

Then place it on to the flat bread stone and sprinkle a bit of whole wheat flour.

With flour greased hand/fingertip....lightly press the dough into round.

Flip over and press again.....lightly.

Now with your rolling pin, roll into a flat but not too thin disc, taking care not to break the surface; we do not want the cheese filling to come out...it will defiantly stick to the hot tawa and burn...

Put it gently on the heated tawa, drizzle a bit of ghee/oil and flip it over.

Again after 1 min flip it over....drizzle a bit of ghee/oil.

One last flip and its ready.

Serve hot with raita, tomato sauce.

Enjoy.

Note: For a spicy version; add chopped onion, green chilly, a fat pinch of pepper powder, coriander leaves, and a pinch of chat masala into the grated cheese, mix and fill the parathas....I prefer the simpler version, so I stick on to  it.

Suggested curries/side dish:
Punjabi Aloo-Gobi 
Punjabi Aloo-Baigan Masala Curry.

P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter