Fresh Orange Pork Tenderloin: French Fridays with Dorie

orange pork


I really don't mean to keep changing Dorie's recipes, but what can I say I'm Italian and Sinatra's, "I Did It My Way" is always playing in my head.

Reading through the recipe... it was just, just too ORANGE. I don't like cooked orange, and orange zest can be over powering. I decided to simplify the recipe by using orange juice and cutting it with white wine. I also used a small amount of cardamon for fear of cardamon overload. I paired the tenderloin with saffron rice and roasted asparagus.


orange pork saffron rice asparagus

The result was a huge success. My nephew who has "French Friday ESP" just happen to stop by to pick up his mail and asked if he could join us for dinner... he loved the meal. So did my kids and my husband. 

There were no leftovers.



Orange Pork Tenderloin


by Diane Balch
simplelivingeating.com

Inspired by Dorie Greenspan's Fresh Orange Pork Tenderloin

Preparation Time: 30 minutes              Serves: 4 - 6

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or other neutral oil
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
Approximately 1 to 1.5 pounds of sliced (about 1/2 inch) pork tenderloin
6 scallions chopped small
1 tablespoon of regular or gluten free flour
1 cup white wine
1 cup orange juice
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamon 
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon or less of orange zest

Directions:

1) In a large skillet heat the oil and 1 tablespoon of butter on medium high heat.

2) Sauté pork pieces until golden about 3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet.

3) Sauté scallions and remove from skillet.

4) Put 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet and add flour. Scrape brown bits with a spatula. When most bits are removed add orange juice, wine, cardamon, and salt. Turn up heat to high. Continue to scrap the bottom of the skillet and stir until sauce begins to thicken. 

5) Turn off the heat and return the pork to the pan. Make sure pork is covered in sauce. Cover skillet and let it sit on the warm burner for about 10 minutes. Garnish with scallions and orange zest.


Note: As a member of French Friday's with Dorie I am not allowed to print the recipe. I invite you to take a look at this wonderful cookbook "Around My French Table" if you are interested in this or any other recipe I review. 

 







  

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter