Get Magnetic Toys Organized with Pizza Pans

dollar store pizza pan toy organization
A few weeks ago I decided to do something about the magnetic toy mess that was cluttering up our kitchen. The side of our fridge was covered in K's cool painted magnetic letters. We had a small collection of farm animals that had wandering tendencies and frequently ended up in the living room. I wanted them out of the kitchen but I didn't want to get rid of them all together.

When I saw some round pizza pans at Dollar Tree, I thought I might have a solution. Our son already has a brown and blue circle motif on his walls so I decided to paint the pans to help them blend in a bit more seamlessly with what was already happening in the room.

I'm really happy with how the project turned out. I'm even more happy that the magnet mess is contained in his room and that he can play with them during quiet time.

Supplies:
  • Four steel pizza pans, $4 and up
  • Primer, on hand or $3 and up
  • Acrylic paint (I used white, blue and brown), on hand
  • Foam paint roller, $1 and up
  • Foam paint brush, on hand
  • Drill and drill bits, on hand
  • 8 small/medium screws, on hand

Instructions:

 I wrote a tutorial on how I made and installed these over on Dollar Store Crafts. Check it out!
[how to make magnetic toy storage from pizza pans]

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter