Chicken Fillet Meal Sandwich....step by step.


A few blocks away from our apartment, there is a "famous" Chicken Outlet and my son loves the chicken strips and chicken fillet meal they serve. But the problem is, he cannot tolerate outside/restaurant food at all and if he has just one meal, he gets sick......so the only option I have is to create whatever he likes at home for him like the fried chicken. Well, that is the story behind this chicken fillet meal and how it finds a place at our dinner table.

Lately, I have been trying to make my family meals healthy; I try to cut down fats to the bare minimum. And the result I am seeing is making me proud....and the reason for all those skinny recipes finding a place in this blog.....like the skinny vanilla bean ice-cream, skinny tomato pasta, skinny tandoori roti wraps, skinny whole wheat wraps etc.

In this recipe, I have cut down the mayonnaise to just a tsp and added fresh homemade yogurt and just a slice of thin cheese.....the only guilty thing is the fried chicken strips....and yet it is homemade and super healthy.....and my kids loooove this.


This is one way to "bribe" my son into eating vegetables....you just need two to three slices of chicken, but the rest are "bribes" for my son.....so adults can totally omit that....and if you want to make it really skinny you can just shred one piece of chicken strips into the vegetable mix....that way all you consume would be one fried piece of chicken...

So lets get cooking:

Chicken strips: Note- I used my easy fried chicken recipe for the strips and used boneless chicken breasts.
Homemade mayonnaise

Author: Nisa Homey
Servings: 2
Ingredients:
Fried Chicken strips: 1 large piece or 3 to 4 small pieces.
Carrots: 1/4 cup, chopped or grated.
Zucchini or cucumber: 1/4 cup, chopped (I used Zucchini).
Onions: 1/2 , chopped.
Tomato: 1/2 chopped.
Capsicum: 1/4 cup , chopped.
Freshly grounded pepper powder: 3/4 tsp.
Fresh homemade yogurt: 1 tsp.
Mayonnaise: 1 tsp.
Cheese slices: 1.
Bread slices: 2, (you can use whole wheat too)
Lime juice: Juice of 1/2 lemon.
Salt to taste.
Oil Spray.

Method:
Chop up the vegetables and add mayonnaise and yogurt....and mix well. Add pepper powder, salt, and lemon juice and mix again.


Heat a skillet pan over low heat. Spray with cooking oil and place one slice of bread and let it toast one side, remove and keep aside. Again spray cooking oil and place another slice on top.


Place the cheese slice on top.


And top it with the half of the vegetable mayo mix.....with the heat the cheese will begin to melt. Place the fried chicken strips on top and close with the already toasted bread slice.
Repeat the same with another slice of bread....


Serve immediately.

Sometimes I make this minus the chicken for my daughter...see how the cheese melts......this is super skinny!!....I allow the sandwich to stay on the skillet pan and press down with a spatula.


But for my son, this is heaven :)


You can also make this  with burger buns....I think it might be more filling for kids with buns...what do you think???

P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter