Chicken & Kale Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms

Chicken & Kale Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms
Even before I started my Shaklee 180 plan, I loved stuffed mushrooms. In college it was my signature dish. In my 20's, it was not unheard of for me to order a stuffed mushrooms appetizer as my entree when eating out. Now that I am doing Shaklee 180, mushrooms are my new BFFs because they are a free food. In addition to being very tasty, they are high in selenium, protein and B vitamins.

I paired mine with fresh asparagus spears sauteed in coconut oil. I normally like some kind of dip or dressing (even just plain balsamic vinegar) on my asparagus but the virgin coconut oil I used imparted a tasty nutty flavor that made additional condiments unnecessary.

Ingredients

  • 2 large portabella mushrooms caps, cleaned & stems removed
  • 1/2 cup shredded chicken
  • 4 Tbsp fat free cream cheese
  • 4 Tbsp olive oil based mayo
  • Italian Herbs to taste (I like 2 tsp sweet basil, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp thyme)
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella & parmesean cheese blend, divided
  • 2 large kale leaves, stalks removed, roughly chopped
Yield: Makes 2

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F
  2. Lightly grease a baking dish with cooking spray or coconut oil and place mushrooms gill-side up.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken, cream cheese, mayo, italian herbs and half of the shredded cheese blend. Stir until well combined. Add chopped kale and gently mix in.
  4. Divide filling and mound on top of the mushroom caps. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
  5. Bake for approx 30 minutes or until top of filling begins to brown
  6. Serve warm with a side of your favorite vegetables.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Calories: 300 (count 275 if on Shaklee 180 due to mushrooms being free)
Fat Grams: 20 grams (could be reduced by using light mayo)
Protein: 26 grams
Carbs: 6 grams (1.5 from dietary fiber)
(nutritional information is approximate and based on the brands of products I used when I created the recipe. Your dish's nutrition content may vary based on exactness of measurements and brands selected.)

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter