COOKING/BAKING THESE DAYS (according to Amanda)...

Ha! Remember how this is a food blog? With some seriously amazing recipes & ideas? Yah!? 
Yah. This isn't one of those posts. This is a post to tell you that yours truly, Amanda, has lost all control over her life now that a second child is in the mix! I'm not complaining- all is well.  All is great! We are so happy as a family of four, but cooking seems like rocket science these days. Or algebra (I was never good at algebra. It stressed me out). 
I decided yesterday to make banana bread as thank yous for all the sweet gestures others have shown since Jude's birth. 
I tried to multitask. Here's how it went (notice the equation since I mentioned algebra. Ahem...):
double batch of banana bread 
+ toddler on the counter "helping"
+ partially-sleeping baby in the pack-n-play 
+ me on the phone with the insurance company
+ timer going off for... something? What was that? Laundry?
________________________________________________

= me saying aloud, "Wait. How many cups of flour did I add already? 2? No... 3? Was it 3???
The insurance lady was confused, "Excuse me?"
Elle replied to my stupor: "12!" 
Not helpful. I know it was not 12... 
A couple pans of gooey banana bread later, and I resolved to not bake until I'm in my right mind. 
Or at least until I can focus on one thing at a time (HA!). Or multitask better.
So much for banana bread.

Here's how meals have been faring around these parts >>>
butter with a side of bread, cooking these days
^^Cupboards? No longer empty. We stocked up so I don't have to hear anyone say, "There's nothing to eat around here!" (Although I'm not sure it worked.)
butter with a side of bread, cooking these days
 ^^ Last night I made dinner! MADE! (By "made" I mean I cooked 8-minute pasta and baked some stellar Jiffy cornbread mix [PS- I really love their packaging- it hasn't changed in ages, and I for one can appreciate their consistency]. Mom of the year right here!)
butter with a side of bread, cooking these days
 ^^ We sat at the table last night, too! Although setting the table didn't happen. Utensils, cups, drinks, and salt+pepper did make it as far as the bar, however!
butter with a side of bread, cooking these days
^^ My parents brought us Oreo custard from Nielsen's... which was maybe the most heavenly thing I've eaten all week. Especially since I was sitting next to my sleepy boy while my little girl was sleeping in her room. 

The good news? We're surviving! The bad news? Our cholesterol is likely not faring extremely well. Nor is my bounty of postings here. But I'll be back soon! I have lots of yummy foods to dream about making...

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter