Homemade Fresh Mango Ice Cream...step by step.


             UPDATE: I have also added a recipe for Fresh Strawberry Ice cream with step by step pictures. Do check it out

Fresh mango ice cream, yes fresh mangoes are in season now and I know... I know I recently posted mango ice cubes, and I should not posting "mango recipes" again...., but then mangoes tempt me to develop recipes for you.

You might know by now that I love homemade food more than anything, after I posted vanilla bean ice cream, I was surprised at the repins it got, thanking all the wonderful pinners out there for sharing my recipes....sharing is what blogging is all about, right.

I got two Alphonso mangoes and they weighed 1 kg, and the flavor was sort of transporting you to an exotic tropical island. I just cubed the mangoes and blended to make this yummy and skinny ice cream....I am using low fat cream here and that's making it double yum.

Author: Nisa Homey.
Updated in brackets American conversions, hope this will help US readers :)
Ingredients:
Alphonso mangoes: 2, about 1 kg.(around 2 lb)
Milk powder: 200 gm. (7 0z)
Low fat cream: 200 ml. (6.8 fl oz)
Skimmed milk: 1 cup.
Sugar: 1/2 cup.

Method:
Peel the mangoes and cube it. Put in a blender and puree it....the flavor was OMG.


Add in the milk powder.


One cup of milk....skimmed milk.


Half cup of sugar.

And the low fat cream.


Blend for 2 minutes and ta da your fresh mango ice cream in liquid state is ready.


Pour into pans...because of the mangos I got double yield....mangoes I love ya.


Put this in the freezer, take out after 1 hour and lightly beat it with a fork and then put back in to set again, repeat for about 3 to 4 times (for detailed pictures pls click here)....and finally just leave it undisturbed in the freezer preferably overnight....and then you own homemade fresh mango ice cream....perfectly homemade.

Enjoy creamy and fresh mango ice cream......I promise you will be transported to your favorite exotic tropical island...enjoy your summer.

Since there is a lot of queries about milk powder, I am including amazon link below for your ease.




You might also like,
Mango ice cubes.
Skinny vanilla bean ice cream...from scratch.

Linking with Christine's House party, Thursday's treasures,


P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter