Refrigerator Pizza Dough


It's a rare day that you wouldn't find pizza dough in my fridge. Sometimes I need a last minute meal and pizza is my go-to. You can put almost anything on a pizza and make it good. This dough is great because I can make a batch (or double batch), toss it in the fridge, and then I know that I'm covered for dinner emergencies for the next two weeks. I can pull it out of my fridge and have dinner ready within 15 minutes. I showed this trick once for a group cooking lesson and everyone was amazed. Yes my friends, there is no reason to order out. Just keep shredded mozzarella and pepperoni in your freezer, and a jar of sauce in your pantry, and of course some dough in your fridge. It's easy and it only takes 5 minutes of hands on work to put the dough together. Forget about it for an hour or two while it rises, and then toss it in the fridge. 




Makes 4 medium pizzas

Ingredients

2 3/4 cup water
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons yeast
6 1/2 cups flour


Instructions

1. Combine ingredients in an extra large tupperware. 

2. Stir until it forms a dough ball. No kneading required! 

3. Let rise 90 minutes.

4. Refrigerate until ready to use.

5. When ready, pull off a chunk (about 1/4 of the dough). Roll it out and top with your favorite toppings.

6. Bake on a pizza stone preheated to 500 degrees for 7-10 minutes (until cheese is bubbly). 



Note: While this uses the same methodical concept as "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes A Day" (which book I own and love) this recipe is not from that book. I've adapted their method to my usual pizza dough mixture. 


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter