Pesto Tortellini with Mushrooms and Sun-Dried Tomatoes (15 minute meal!)


Pasta is one of the few things in life that I don't make from scratch. I can and I have, but it is something I rarely do. Sometimes I need a quick meal and this definitely foots the bill. Frozen tortellini and some fresh mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and some fresh pesto. It's so easy and I can have dinner ready in less than 15 minutes. 


Ingredients

1 lb bag frozen tortellini
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
salt and pepper
5 oz sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup pesto (see cooking lesson below)


Instructions

1. Cook the tortellini according to package directions. 

2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet to high heat. Add in the olive oil, let it heat for 30-60 seconds and add in your mushrooms. Season with a little salt and pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes. Add in the sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, and cooked tortellini and saute another minute or two until everything is heated through.




Making your own pesto is super easy and is much better than anything I've ever seen in the store. I often make mine using pecans or walnuts because the price of pine nuts is so outrageous. The above recipe doesn't require a whole batch of pesto, but pesto can easily be stored or frozen.

4 cups fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup pine nuts (or pecans or walnuts)
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and give it a whirl. It's that easy!



Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter