{THE BEST} TEXAS CAVIAR

{THE BEST} TEXAS CAVIAR :Butter with a Side of Bread

Have you ever had "Texas Caviar?" Sounds odd, I know. The first few times I heard how amazing it was, I didn't really listen because ummm... I don't want to try caviar. Sounds pricey. And slimy.

Then I had it at a potluck and oh how my attitude changed. It has nothing to do with actual caviar, really it's just a play on words in an attempt to describe a ridiculously easy appetizer that is absolutely amazing! Honestly, try it. Just be prepared to ditch the chips and grab some other utensil that allows you to eat more, faster. {Wait, is it just me?!}

This version has an added ingredient that's not normally found in other versions: avocado. Don't leave it out. In my opinion it takes the dish from good to stellar. Other versions also use Black Eyed Peas, but I think they're harder to find and cost more than regular beans. So I use regular cans of beans instead and you know what? It tastes the same!

The BEST Texas Caviar

  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can sweet corn, drained
  • 3 good sized roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1 bunch green onions, sliced
  • 2 large avocados, diced
  • about 1/2 a bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 8 oz {1 cup} Italian dressing ~ I use Good Seasons dressing packets that you mix yourself. It just takes 1 packet, that way you have it in your pantry to make another batch later on!
  • 1 small lime, sliced in half {I juice 1/2 the lime into the dish, then use the other half to garnish


Add all ingredients to a large bowl, including Italian dressing.

Stir.

Serve with taco chips. It's also amazing over chicken tacos or chicken enchiladas. Or quesadillas. Or just eaten by itself, as a snack. YUM.

{THE BEST} TEXAS CAVIAR :Butter with a Side of Bread

{THE BEST} TEXAS CAVIAR :Butter with a Side of Bread

{THE BEST} TEXAS CAVIAR :Butter with a Side of Bread

{THE BEST} TEXAS CAVIAR :Butter with a Side of Bread


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter