Blueberry-Carrot Tuna Wraps



Blueberries and tuna? Am I crazy? I know what you are thinking here, but have a little faith in me. These wraps are light, have a wonderful brightness to them, and taste pretty darn good. And this is coming from a girl who generally doesn't even like blueberries!


Summer is blueberry time. They are everywhere! When they went on sale for 75 cents a package I just couldn't resist. I'm also a big wrap eater in the summer so I figured I could find a way to use them in a wrap. I found a recipe on allrecipes.com for a blueberry wrap. It was a good start, but it had absolutely no spices. I knew the recipe needed work and I was up for the challenge. The result was something worthy of sharing. It's healthy, flavorful, and perfect for summer!



Fruits...Vegetables...Tuna? It's good all the way through!

Ingredients

12 oz canned tuna, drained 
2 tsp olive oil
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 clove garlic, minced

4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
2 carrots, diced
1 apple, cored and diced
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
salt and pepper
1 lemon, juiced
4 large flour tortilla wraps


Instructions

1. In a large bowl, combine the tuna, olive oil, sour cream, and garlic. Mix until well combined. 

2. Add in the chopped spinach, diced carrot, diced apple, and blueberries. Season with a little salt and pepper. Stir together with the tuna. Squeeze the lemon juice over the tuna salad and stir through one more time. 

3. Divide the salad up amongst the wraps and roll up. Enjoy!




Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter