{SIMPLE} FRESH GARDEN SALSA

SIMPLE & FRESH GARDEN SALSA: Butter with a Side of Bread

My garden was bursting with these fat, red tomatoes so I decided to make some fresh salsa one afternoon. Making salsa is so easy~ a tiny bit time consuming with all the chopping, but trust me, the end result is worth it!

I'm a huge fan of improvising when it comes to making salsa. Our family adores cilantro, but I know others don't care for it. My kids are also very sensitive {as in, wimpy} when it comes to spiciness, so we opt for flavor over heat in out home. Feel free to leave out/ add ingredients as you'd like.

{Simple} Fresh Garden Salsa
Adapted from Sarah's Salsa on Allrecipes.com

  • about 4 cups of diced, fresh tomato
  • 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped {optional- I left this out}
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro 
  • 1/4 cup diced red onion
  • 1 tsp onion powder {sounds odd but it adds a dash of sweetness!}
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • coarse salt & ground pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients. If desired, you can blend salsa lightly to make it less chunky. I stuck my hand blender in and pulsed it 2-3 times, since we like a chunkier salsa. 

Salsa is best if it's allowed to sit in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours prior to serving. It really gets better as it ages, so ideally you'd make it the day before you want to serve it. It will last about 7-10 days in your fridge, if it doesn't get eaten by then! 

Serve with chips, or over grilled chicken, on top of tacos, etc!

ENJOY!


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter