Italian Pastries: Just to Make You Drool

Italian Pastries from Dolce Italia

I have a new restaurant addiction. It's a little Italian pastry shop called Dolce Italia. Oh my heavens. I can't help myself! They sell all sorts of little Italian pastries and cakes as well as gelato. I have a goal to walk in one day and just order one of everything. We went out for a quick date the other night and grabbed these 6 beauties on our way home. I had to pull out my camera for a quick photo shoot before running off to a meeting. 

Chocolate Mint Cake Bite Size Dessert

 Are you totally drooling? 

Cream Filled Pastry

I got all inspired for about a minute as to building up my pastry skills to make my own at home and give you the recipes. Who am I kidding? I am no pastry chef. These beauties are so detailed they must take hours and hours to create. Mostly they take patience and I've been lacking that my whole life. 


Small Cannoli

I'll stick to purchasing my Italian pastries at little shops like Dolce Italia. Someday I'll even venture off to visit Italy and spend hours devouring pastries in between bites of pizza and pasta. 


Chocolate Raspberry Mini Tart


Did you know that my husband lived in Italy two different times growing up? He has had his share of good Italian food in his life. For the record, he refuses to eat at American Italian food chain restaurants (that shall not be named) because "they are not Italian food." But with this place? The verdict is in: authentic. 

He convinced me to try this Ricotta Cheesecake. I had to make sure those black dots weren't raisins first. Raisins ruin everything. Luckily they were chocolate chips so I humored him. Oh boy am I glad I did! This was my favorite things on the plate. Well, it tied with the Nutella box. I mean seriously, I'm a Nutella addict and I'm willing to admit it. 


Ricotta Cheesecake with Chocolate Chips

Speaking of Nutella, they had the largest jar of Nutella I've ever seen on display. It has caused me to search one out for myself. That's right, I've got my eye on an 11 lb jar of Nutella. Do I need a reason?

I'm trying to figure out how I could ask Santa for one as a stocking stuffer. Could I find a stocking big enough to fit it?


Nutella Filled Chocolate Hazelnut Dessert
In all reality, I'm pretty sure I'd just be embarrassed by how long an 11 lb jar of Nutella lasts me (or doesn't last me). 


Do you have a fabulous little Italian pastry shop or restaurant in your area? Do share! You never know, I might end up in your city and get a massive craving for a sweet Italian bite!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter