Sad and Boring Room Desperately Seeks World Market Makeover!

Could this room use a $5,000 makeover from World Market?
Are you kidding? Of course it could!

We live in a two story townhouse and our downstairs is all open and my dining room and kitchen (pictured below) are all one big room. And for as much time as I spend in the space, it is one of my least favorite rooms in the house. Which is sad since it takes up about 2/3 of my downstairs area.
Instead of just whining about it, let's lay out an action plan of things I'd like to change.
Kitchen / Dining Room Makeover Action Plan:
  • Change color palate to teal and white with purple, grey and red accents.
  • Add more color accents to the kitchen
  • Replace wine rack with a buffet
  • Prettier dining room table
  • Swap out dining chairs with a combination of a bench, wood chairs and 2 accent header/footer chairs
  • Pretty decorations and accents needed - especially above cabinets and on the buffet.
  • New dishes and silverware desperately needed!
World Market asked me to take a look at their new fall collections, Maison Des Artistes, Urban Dwellings and Glasgow Fog to see what things from their collections might be able to help me transform my space. 

First, let me say I was a already a huge fan of World Market. Last night, my husband and I were talking about the difference between men's fantasies and women's fantasies. One of my fantasies is to have my dining room painted teal and re-done with World Market wares. True story.

Knowing that, you'll absolutely understand why I love the new Glasgow Fog & Maison de Artistes collections most. It's like someone crawled inside my head and made beautiful things just for me to love. The color palate is beautiful (and lots of teal which I love) with great graphics and old vintagey looking accents.

Here are some of the fabulous things I found:

I've got lots more great stuff picked out for a dining room / kitchen makeover on my Kitchen & Dining Room Makeover pinboard. Pop over and follow me!


Do you have a room that could use a

 $5000 Makeover?

Enter to win a $5,000 World Market Shopping Spree plus a personal shopping experience and design consultation with one of World Market's top design bloggers.

There will also be 3 First Prize winner who will each get a $1,000 World Market gift card.

Earn bonus entries for liking World Market's Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram & Tumblr brand pages.


disclosure: I was compensated by World Market for writing this blog post to promote their new fall lines and the Spruce up Your Space giveaway. Narrative, opinions, love of World Market and ugly dining room/kitchen combo are honest and my own.

Do you like this post? Consider subscribing to our weekly newsletter!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter