Fresh Orange Cake



Old fashioned fresh orange cake has more of the texture of a pound cake, this citrus cake brings warmth and so much flavor, the fresh orange juice gives it a light yellow color!! and my quest for the perfect orange cake ends here!! or so :)

I love orange cakes, love the citrusy orange flavor in it, like orange cake with satin icing and Donna Hay's orange cake. what I love about this cake is the texture, soft and moist and flavorful. The texture is more that of a pound cake though, but this one is easy to make and measure, I am always a "cup" measure person...its always cups and spoons for me.....though occasional weigh ins are fine...I am mostly a volume cooking kind of person....these days, I make my own homemade butter, so I add in extra salt....I mean baking with what I have in hand is my way of relieving stress!! Okay, no stress!! Or have I read somewhere baking is therapeutic!!

The best thing what I like about this recipe is its "ease" at making, just grab your cups and spoons and an hand beater!! the cake is done....I loooooooove this kind of easy cakes!! and I know you do too :) Very fuss free, easy orange cake.



This is strictly a no vanilla extract recipe, why waste the orange flavor and oh! BTW I use 200 ml cup for all my baking!!
I only recommend fresh orange juice for this cake!!

Author: Nisa Homey
Ingredients:
Butter: 1/2 cup/1 stick (I used unsalted homemade butter)
Sugar: 1 cup.
Flour: 2 cups.
Eggs: 3
Fresh Orange Juice: 1 cup.
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Baking powder: 2 tsp.
Orange rind: 1 tsp.

Method:
I used fresh orange, and needed this much orange to get 1 cup of juice. Take the juice and keep it aside. Meanwhile preheat oven to 180 degree C (350) and grease and flour a standard baking tray. I used glass baking tray.

Cream butter and sugar, I used granulated sugar. so cream for about a min.


Add in 3 eggs and cream again....maybe for about 2 min or until fluffy and creamy.

Add in the sifted flour (I did not sift the flour ..(I like to break the laws...baking laws), but I make it a point to use fresh flour), 2 tsp baking powder, and salt....if you are using salted butter...omit the salt.

Finally add in the 1 cup of fresh orange juice....and cream or fold lightly...the batter should be fluffy and spongy....not loose...so when you add orange juice...add accordingly until you get the consistency....maybe you might need a little more or little less.

This is the fluffy spongy batter we are looking for....pop in your fingers and check if everything is okay! ha! you deserve it!

And lastly the orange rind....fold in!!

Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C for 30-35 min or until done.

Outta oven!! and the kitchen smelled heaven!!

Serve while warm!! my kids are very impatient! Guys, look at the texture, I am sure you are going to thank me a lot for digging this recipe for you :)

Orange yum// the old fashioned way//

My chocoholic daughter had homemade chocolate sauce drizzled over!! though I liked simple plain goodness of orange.

P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter