Salade Nicoise #French Fridays with Dorie



It's a quiet day at the Balch house. Kids are at school, hubby is in the city for the day...dog is recovering on the couch from a day of playing with our friend's dogs. It was a busy intense eating and drinking kinda of weekend. 

So when I turned my sights to this week's French Friday's recipe I was thrilled. A "recovery salad" light and filled with healthy things: tuna, eggs, boiled potatoes, green beans, olives, capers... The recipe calls for tomatoes, but they are no longer in season so I substituted some roasted peppers.

I sat down in the streaming sunlight of early afternoon and was transported to a quiet French bistro somewhere on a side street in Paris. 

Salade Nicoise is a classic French salad and it is not hard to understand why... The tuna is balanced by the eggs, the olives by the potatoes, the green beans and tomatoes add a little spark... covered over in a simple dijon vinaigrette...

I am restored.

Ready to face my busy week.

Bon Appetit.

but please improvise with what you have on hand.

Hey, Dorista's you are invited to join my new linky party. Cook a recipe of your choice from the chosen country and explore the world with us. Oct 8TH: POLAND 



Add your email to our list and I will remind you a week before the party and on the day of the party so you won't forget to link up.





Note: As a member of French Friday's with Dorie I am not allowed to print the recipe. I invite you to take a look at this wonderful cookbook "Around My French Table" if you are interested in this or any other recipe I review. 


Click here to see how the other Dorista's did.






This post is being shared on the following food/craft parties. Please check them out: 


Enhanced by Zemanta

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter