How to Make Chocolate Buttercream In a Food Processor


Chocolate Buttercream in a Food Processor?? Yes, I make buttercream in my food processor.....do you know why?? Its so easy and NO sugar-dust-storm on my kitchen counter top....that means less clean up....and no snooty ants!! Isn't that really cool!!


For a long time I used my hand held mixer for making butter cream, but then because of the "Sugar-dust-storm" I stopping using that...and the clean up after that made me cringe every time  "buttercream" is demanded by loved ones to finish a cake!! Many of you might have endured my predicament; okay if you have a kitchenaid, this is not for you. I do not own one, nor I see owning one in the near future, mainly because of limited space in my kitchen....well, I guess that made me a food processor addict  I guess my Philips food processor is the "most photographed" gadget here on my blog....In case you, you are wondering whether roti dough can be mixed in food processor; then just peep into my tandoori roti recipe or should I share a post on roti dough?? nevertheless the possibilities of using food processor to the maximum is unlimited...do drop in to my facebook page for discussions and recipes....don't be shy to leave a comment or a thought.

That said, lets get back to the buttercream; the best thing about buttercream in foodprocessor is that you just.have to close the feeder hole with a towel....end of stormy powdered sugar!! Isn't that double awesome!!

Notes: This is just a basic chocolate buttercream, enough to cover a cake or a brownie. You can also make vanilla buttercream in the same way.

Author: Nisa Homey.
Ingredients:
Unsalted Butter: 3-4 tbsp (maybe 1 tbsp more, if needed)
Cocoa Powder: 3 tbsp.
Honey: 1 tbsp.
Vanilla extract: 1 tsp.
Confectioners Sugar: 1 cup.
(How I make confectioners sugar: I put, one cup of sugar into dry grinder of my Preethi Mixer Grinder with 1 tsp of cornflour....and grind it...into fine powder)


Method:
Make sure the food processor bowl /jar is dry. Dump all the ingredients into it.


Close with the lid and put a towel on the feeder opening and press with your hand while it is running....No Sugar Storm!!

Blitz for a minute, you will get something like coarse sand...... if needed you can add a little bit of butter maybe 1 tbsp or a little bit of honey and then bitz again for a minute.....it will look like this...scrape the sides down.

Again, close the lid....and blitz for another two minutes ..
Open the lid....and Voila!! Creamy, satiny, goeey buttercream...just for you!!
Top it on cakes, cookies, brownies....

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter