Melon with Honey Drizzled Vanilla Ice Cream: Turkish Delight! #Foodie Friday

Melon with Honey Drizzled Vanilla Ice Cream: Simple Living and Eating


For my 30th birthday I went to Istambul with a group of Belly Dancers... yes, my oldest sister had been a professional dancer and decided to study Middle Eastern Dance. She hooked up with a group of Belly Dancers from New York City to go over to Turkey to study their traditional dance and she asked me to tag along... being one to never say know to an opportunity to travel I ended up in Istambul.

When we would go out to dinner some how the owner of almost every restaurant would find out we were a group of belly dancers. Tables would be cleared and the troop would climb up on the tables and demonstrate to the patrons how well New Yorker's can belly dance.

They would always be given a free dessert which usually consisted of a small super tasty ripe melon (that I've never seen in the United States) filled with ice cream, usually vanilla and topped with the most amazing fresh honey. 

The owner would take pitty on the me, the one nondancer of the group, and give me a dessert too... it was always wonderful.

So while the melons are ripe grab one, split it in half, fill it up with the best ice cream you can find and drizzle some local honey on it.

Enjoy... I am in and out to the woods and back this week so I may be late in replying to your comments.





Remember to visit and follow my co-host Adelina at Home Maid Simple she has different features and a wealth of information about family and home care. 



Foodie Friday Features:


From: Bakewell Junction

Asiago Soft Pretzel Buns
Asiago Soft Pretzel Buns

Asiago has such a marvelous distinctive taste and the texture of these buns looks amazing.



From: Blissful Bites

Mexican Zucchini & Corn w/ Chorizo
Mexican Zucchini & Corn w/ Chorizo

August in a dish.... all of the most seasonal vegetables together in one fantastic meal.



From: A Bright and Beautiful Life

Fresh Peach Pie
Fresh Peach Pie

What can I say it's iconic... and so in season. Wonderful.




Remember Sept 10th link up your Spanish Dish!



This post is shared on the following food/craft parties. Check them out:

Tuesday Food:

Wednesday Food:

Thursday Food:


Friday Food:




Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter