Chocolate Mousse Cake: Daughter's Birthday #Weekly Menu Plan



chocolate mousse cake slice: Simple Living and Eating


On my daughter's birthday last week she was home from school with a bad head cold. She had plans to make a spectacular cake for her birthday party on Saturday, but I wanted to make a little something to cheer her up. 

Both of my kids really wanted me to make chocolate souffles after I made cheese souffles last week, so I decided to make a chocolate mousse cake, which is kinda of like individual souffles, but with less work.


chocolate mousse cake: simple living and eating

I used Dorie Greenspan's recipe: Michel Rostang's Double Chocolate Mousse Cake but without making the two layers, which sounds wonderful, but I was looking for something quick. I also wouldn't recommend using espresso coffee in this cake unless you really like the taste of coffee to come through. I will use regular coffee next time. 

We probably should have cooked the cake a little longer, but it did poof up like a souffle and the inside was a little gooey which my kids and myself enjoyed with some vanilla ice cream.


owl cake: simple living and eating
Click here for owl cake instructions.

My daughter felt a little better on Saturday and was able to put together her planned birthday cake. Pretty spectacular. 

Note: She used yogurt covered raisins for the the feathers instead of almond slices because she has a nut allergy. 


blowing out candles: simple living and eating


I brought her and a few of her friends out for a hibachi dinner and then we came back to the house and feasted on the owl. 




Weekly Menu Plan: 


Sunday: Coconut Lemongrass Braised Pork from: Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan


Tuesday: Hurry up and Wait Roast Chicken with potatoes, carrots and peas.

Wednesday: Leftover Pot Roast in Red Wine with broad egg noodles

Thursday: Beef Corn Tortilla Enchiladas with guacamole

Friday: Mee Rebus Noodle Soup

Saturday: Leftovers


This post is shared on the following craft/food parties:

Tuesday Food:
Hearth & Soul Blog Hop @ 21st Century Housewife
Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
In & Out of the Kitchen @ Feeding Big & More
Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen
Tasty Tuesday #Anyonita Nibbles
All my Bloggy Friends @Love Bakes Good Cakes

Wednesday Food:

 Wednesday Whatsit @White Lights on Wednesday 
Fresh Foods Wednesdays @ Gastronomical Sovereignty
Wonderful Food Wednesdays at @ All She Cooks
Wednesday Extravaganza @ Hunger Little Girl
Create & Share @ The Trendy Tree House
What I Whipped Up Wednesday @ Sugar & Dots
Look What I Made @ Creations by Kara

Thursday Food:

Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Thriving on Thursdays @ Domesblissity
Tasty Thursdays @ The Mandatory Mooch

Friday Food:

Foodie Friday @ Home Maid Simple
Friday Favorite (DYI too) @ Simple Sweet Home
Foodie Friday @ Rattlebridge Farm 
Weekend Wonders @ The Thriftiness Miss
Weekend Potluck @ Sunflower Supper Club
Friday Linky Party @ The Pin Junkie 
Get Him Feed @ Anyonita Nibbles
Enhanced by Zemanta

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter