Classic Peanut Butter Cookies......step-by-step.


Remember that cookie book which I got from the roadside vendor and from which I made whole wheat chocolate chip cookies ...well that cookie book is indeed a treasure house of cookies....this peanut butter cookie is a traditional recipe and I made it last week.....peanut butter cookies are instantly recognizable by their criss cross marks (made by the tines of fork). This one is easy to make and not much effort if using an egg beater.

I had some crunchy peanut butter so I made with that and loved the crunchiness in every bite ...it was rather easy to make and the dough did not spread out much while baking.....it turned out to be just perfect...I mean I tried it for the first time and it came out peeerfect!! and that's wonderful right??? I mean I am naturally hooked to anything which turns out perfect at the very first try.... girls its your turn now....so lets get baking!!!.

Source: The cookie book, Wisconsin Energy Company.
I haved the ingredients.
Ingredients:
Butter/Margarine: 1 cup.
Granulated sugar: 1 cup.
Packed brown sugar: 1 cup.
Peanut butter: 1 cup (I used crunchy peanut butter).
Eggs: 2.
Sifted all-purpose flour: 2 1/2 cups.
Baking soda: 2 tsp.
Salt: 1/2 tsp.

Method:
1. In a bowl put in butter, sugars, and peanut butter and cream them.

2. Put in the egg to the creamed butter mix and cream again..

3. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda and mix again.

4. Knead it into a smooth dough with your hand (because I used crunchy peanut butter you can see small bits of peanuts in the dough).

5. Shape into small balls and flatten them with the tines of fork and place them on a greased cookie sheet and bake them for 15 to 20 min....see I told you it is EASY!!!

Cool and store in air tight containers.

YUM!!!

Linking to Fat Camp Friday.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter