Fish Roe Scrambled.....Step-by-step...Recipe Rewind!!


Fish Roe or Fish eggs or Pananjeen as we call it in Malayalam.....is common at this time of the year....especially sardine fish roe. My son loves it scrambled to have with rice.

I had posted this long back in this space when I was an anonymous blogger.....I had mentioned earlier that I will be rewinding some of my favorite recipes which I had posted ....which I make often in my kitchen.

You can find the original post here


Ingredients:
Sardine fish roe: About ½ cup.
Coconut Oil: 2or 3 tbsp.
Shallots: 3 or 4, slit.
Grated coconut: 1/4 cup.
Green chilies chopped: 3.
Pepper powder: 1/4 tsp.
Rice flour: 1/2 tsp.
1 spring curry leaves.
Salt as needed.

Method:
1. Sardine fish roe all cleaned up and ready!!

2. Take a bowl and put in the scraped coconut, green chilies, slit shallots, pepper, rice flour, salt.

3. Mash it with your fingers or you can also blend the fish roe in ur blender and then add to this...but I prefer my fingers.

4. Heat a skillet and pour coconut oil and put in the fish roe.

5. After about 2 min flip to the other side and scramble it. Let it cook on slow flame for another 5 to 10 min stirring in between till all the moisture has dried up and it is nicely fried. When done sprinkle curry leaves on top and switch off the fire.


Serve hot with rice!!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter