About The Stay At Home Chef

I'm Rachel and I love food.

I call myself a modern old-fashioned home chef. This blog is where I share my very best recipes. I have no formal culinary training, however I have been known to bury my nose in culinary school textbooks. My favorite cooking books are The Professional Chef and Larousse Gastronomique. I am a stay at home mom who longs to be a professional chef. Hence the title of my blog: The Stay At Home Chef.

My food is real. I stand by my recipes 100%. I eat a lot of vegetarian, and occasional vegan meals, but I also love a good steak and can go to town on a chocolate cake like no other. We eat seasonal and local as much as possible because it just tastes better that way. I cook with whole, real foods almost exclusively. My dream is to someday have my own show on The Food Network. Did I mention I'm also a huge dreamer?

My first cookbook comes out in 2014 and it is all slow cooker recipes. You should be really excited because the food is awesome!

If you'd like to contact me you can email me at stayathomechefblog@gmail.com. You can also find me on facebook, pinterest, and occasionally on twitter.


Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter