Valentine Conversation Hearts

As promised, here is the tutorial for some more Valentine decorations!
To go with my Valentine Apothecary Jars, I made these super fun, super glittery conversation hearts!

They are very simple to make - and not a bad price tag, either!
I bought 4 wooden heart plaques at 50¢ a piece
(these 4" heart plaques are at Hobby Lobby for 79¢ regular price)
I already had the acrylic paint, canvas and glitter spray paint!

Not bad for $2!!

First, I painted each of the hearts a different color. Each one has a couple of coats.
Let dry completely before doing the next step.

I typed and printed out 4 messages, 1 for each heart.
You could also do this on the Silhouette/Cricut/Cameo etc, but I didn't have red vinyl. So, I'm doing this the *other* way!
1. First, turn the print over and trace over the letters, putting quite a bit of pressure and color it in dark.
2. Next, turn the paper over and color over top of the letters, again with quite a bit of pressure.
3. Carefully remove the paper from the wood and ta-da!! You now have the letters to paint over!
{Just to see the difference, I traced the letters for the purple heart pretty light. The pink ones I did darker.}

Then I carefully painted over all the letters with red and let dry. The letters all needed a couple of coats.
Next, I spray painted over them with glitter spray paint.

I also spray painted an 8x10 canvas with the same glitter spray paint and
attached the hearts on with some Amazing Goop glue and let dry overnight.

Makes for a pretty cute Valentine shelf if I do say so myself!

Linking to these parties!

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter