Spring Cleaning: Touch Your Stuff: Simple Living Idea

My Stuff
My Stuff

It is Passover and around most Jewish holidays I find myself reflecting about the time I taught middle school English in a Yeshiva.

When I started working at the school I was aware that Jews were supposed to remove all fermented bread products from their house before Passover, but I was not aware to the extent of the cleaning that some observant Jewish perform.

My classroom was next door to Rabbi Slotkin who taught Torah Studies. He told me that in preparation for Passover he and his family would not only clean their house but ritually touch all of their belongings.

What a way to make you conscious of all you own. 

What a way to make you realize how much you don't need.

What a way to make you appreciate what you have.

So try it.

When you Spring clean this season really try to touch and acknowledge everything you have. I think we too often become immune... not even semi-aware of all the things we have in our possession.

Then make a conscious choice to keep or let go of your stuff.

Happy Spring,
Diane


This post is shared on:

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter