American Salad Dosa.....step by step.


American salad dosa??? even when I heard it first, I wondered what in the world was that dosa....I mean never  thought dosa could be Americanized huh!.

We have our traditional masala dosa, plain dosa, and also the trendy egg dosa, vegetable dosa, noodles dosa....but American salad dosa was new to me.

Nidhi is quite taken up by the American version, she just loves it....and claims "Amma this is the best dosa I have ever had".

Remember my egg white mayonnaise post, I have been making this dosa even before that post. This dosa is also the reason why I make mayo and stock it up. Mayo is spread generously lightly over dosa and topped up with veggies (you can just chop them or slice them thinly), and also spoon drizzle a bit of vegetable oil on to the veggies and sprinkle some salt and pepper. If you like it spicy, can drizzle red chilly tomato sauce or even plain. I personally like it without any sauce on top of the veggies....just mayo and veggie....hmmm perfect.

Update: Tutorial on how to make Crispy Dosa

To make one dosa
Ingredients:
Dosa batter.
Homemade mayonaise: 1 tbsp.
Vegetables: carrots, cabbage, capsicum, onion, tomato, green onion....about 2 tablespoon or as needed.
Salt and pepper to sprinkle.

Method:
1. Spread dosa on a greased iron tawa and put a dollop of mayo on it.


2. Spread the mayo on the dosa evenly.

Spoon the vegetable (I usually chop them in my food processor) or you can just slice them. Drizzle a bit of vegetable oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on it. Allow it to stay on the tawa for about a minute or two or until the dosa become a little crisp.

Fold the dosa. Serve immediately with tomato sauce or ketchup.
Enjoy!

Check out Homemade Tomato Sauce...step by step.

P.S. Like my post?? Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter