RESTAURANT REVIEW: LOCO LIZARD IN PARK CITY


My husband and I had the chance to drop the kids off and head out for a nice dinner out in Park City this week. I was giddy- not just at the thought of actually being able to talk over dinner, but for chips and salsa. The BEST chips and salsa ever. We went to Loco Lizard! 



Have you been? Being from California, both my husband and I miss good Mexican food. He can rattle off a zillion amazing places in San Jose we both love to eat, but you move the location to Utah and... crickets. What? Utah has Mexican food?! Kind of. We've tried countless restaurants- mostly on recommendations of others and well, the list of approved Mexican places for us is still very, very short. If you have a place you love, let me know- we'll try it out!

I have to laugh too- Amanda goes out to eat and takes all these pictures of her cute family, etc. I go out to eat and I come back with 58 pictures of the FOOD. Maybe it's because I'm so excited to get a night off from the kids cooking?! Who knows...we were there, I promise! We were too busy eating to take pictures of each other eating. Ha!


Back to Loco Lizard! We love it. The atmosphere is fun and relaxing. We opted to eat outside since the night air was perfect. The staff is very down to earth and they know their food! I always order the Enchiladas Suizas- a creamy enchilada made with rotisserie chicken. It has so much flavor and just enough spice to make it memorable.  Hubby opted for a carne asada chimichanga this time and he thinks that's his new favorite. We can't decide which salsa is better- the red has a nice smoky chipotle flavor, but the green tomatillo salsa has this kick of lime that's irresistible.  Hubby likes the red better. I adore them both. You can't beat the homemade chips too... my mouth is watering just thinking about them.


One neat thing too, is almost 100% of their menu is gluten-free! What isn't gluten-free can also be substituted for something that it, so don't let diet restrictions stop you from trying them out.

We thoroughly enjoyed dinner {and leftovers at lunch the next day!} If you find yourself in Park City, stop by Loco Lizard for a fantastic meal- you won't regret it.





**Loco Lizard did not sponsor this post. We paid for our own meal. All opinions are 100% mine.

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter