Blood Orange Olive Oil Ice Cream: Redo #French Fridays with Dorie

Blood Orange Olive Oil Ice Cream: Simple Living and Eating


Last summer I made an arrogant attempt at olive oil ice cream. I thought I could get away with the inexpensive peppery flavored olive oil I had on hand. Well, the result was less than pleasing. I didn't mind it, but you could put olive oil on a chocolate cake and I would find it delicious. I've ingested so much olive oil in my Italian-American lifetime that I'm certain that if you put an IV in me you could make vinaigrette with my blood. My blood might actually be vinaigrette!

Well, I was in New Jersey visiting my sister and I finally checked out the olive oil and balsamic vinegar store that she has been raving about: Patricia & Paul Artisans of Fine Oils & Balsamics. I bought some fruity, and blood orange infused olive oil. It was perfect for this ice cream. Olive oil ice cream has a smooth almost gelato like texture to it. It is less sweet and more adult in taste than regular ice cream (of course my 11 year old loved it) so it might go over well with your whole family.

Here is the:

I definitely recommend experimenting with different fruit infused oils. 

Since my daughter's swim competitions are over I have my pastry chef back. She made both the ice cream and the salty and satisfying Sable Breton Cookies to go with the ice cream. The combination is extra special. 

Please click on the image below and enter to win $200 gift card from Amazon

$200 Giveaway: Simple Living and Eating

This post is shared on the following food/craft parties:



Tuesday Food:


Wednesday Food:

Thursday Food:




Friday Food:



Enhanced by Zemanta

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter